Fund Development Coordinator
Closing Date – May 25th, 2018
The Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF) is a national, feminist, non-profit organization that works to advance the equality of women and girls in Canada through litigation, law reform and public legal education.
We are seeking a highly organized Fund Development and Communications Coordinator to join the LEAF team on a full-time, one-year contract position with the possibility of extension.
This position will support LEAF’s goals and objectives and be responsible for the execution and coordination of the annual fund development and communications activities. The coordinator will work closely with our highly dedicated Fund Development volunteers to support our annual signature event, third party events, donor stewardship and communications.
Reporting to the Executive Director the Fund Development Coordinator will work collaboratively with volunteers and program staff. We are seeking a driven, highly organized and team oriented professional that will bring enthusiasm and creativity as LEAF works to increase its fundraising capacity and elevate fundraising to new levels.
- Provides ongoing support to the Fundraising Committee;
- Works with the fund development committee to coordinate and execute LEAF’s annual fund raising plan;
- Prepares correspondence, memos, minutes, reports/presentations related to all event and stewardship activities;
- Follows and implements an annual plan for the organization’s special events such as the LEAF’s annual “Person’s Day Event”;
- Provides support to third-party events and branch events;
- Develops and monitors sponsorship plans and agreements for events;
- Conducts and provides pre and post event reports to stakeholders;
- Implements, and coordinates a donor relations program that strategically targets levels of giving as established. Assists with stewardship reports, briefing notes, pledge forms, presentations, and establishes processes and procedures for fund development volunteers;
- In collaboration with the fund development committee -research, identify, and engage new donor prospects while strengthening stewardship plans and approaches of existing donor base;
- Coordinate Direct Marketing Campaigns (including direct mail, monthly giving, memoriam/tribute giving, online, and social media) to meet fundraising revenue goals.
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will be dynamic, self-motivated and knowledgeable about feminist issues combined with a passion for fundraising. Reporting to the Executive Director, the primary focus is to support the fund development volunteers in achieving annual revenues sufficient to fund the existing and growing needs at LEAF.
- University degree and/or other relevant credentials related to fundraising
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant working experience with a clear demonstration of results;
- Passion for the work of LEAF and a demonstrated commitment to equality for women and girls.
Competencies and Skills:
- Capacity to effectively plan and implement fundraising initiatives and manage events;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Results oriented;
- Collaborator who identifies opportunities for the organization and brings new ideas and concepts forward for discussion;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage volunteer committee members, board and senior staff in solicitation and cultivation activities;
- Demonstrated project and time management skills along with attention to details;
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build and maintain positive working relationships and work in a team-based environment;
- Computer literacy: proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience with a donation database (preferably Blackbaud’s eTapestry/Raiser’s Edge);
- Strong understanding of the connections between fundraising and communications;
- Familiarity with social media platforms;
- Solid understanding of the mandate and feminist values of LEAF.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted by email only. In the subject line of your email application, please reference “Fund Development & Communications Coordinator” and your name.
Please submit the following as a single attachment: your cover letter, your curriculum vitae and a list of three employment references (contact name, phone number and email address) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be submitted in a PDF format. Please do not submit multiple applications or send additional documents.
LEAF encourages applications from Indigenous women, racialized women, women with disabilities, women with non-normative sexual identities, and women from other marginalized groups.
Applications for this position will be accepted until noon (Eastern) on May 25th, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone enquiries please.