Closing Date – July 7th, 2017
The Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF) is a national, feminist, non-profit organization that works to advance the equality of women and girls in Canada through litigation, law reform and public legal education. For more information about LEAF visit our website http://www.leaf.ca
We are seeking a highly organized Events & Database Coordinator to join the LEAF team on a full-time, one-year contract position with the possibility of extension. The successful candidate will support LEAF’s goals and objectives and be responsible for support, execution, and administration of our annual signature event and third party events. In addition to that, the ideal candidate will possess excellent technical skills relative to all functions of Raiser’s Edge. You are a problem solver, team player, motivated self-starter and willing to take initiative
The duties related to the administration of the database include assuming full responsibility for all functions related to the use of Blackbaud’s suite of products (Raiser’s Edge, NetCommunity). This includes:
- Gift processing, data imports, receipting, reports and queries
- Ensures accurate entry, tracking, receipting and acknowledgement of all gifts to LEAF
- Assists the book-keeper with monthly revenue reconciliation
- Prepares queries and reports as requested including segmented direct mail lists, donor recognition and invitation lists
- Creates and maintains online donation pages, including troubleshooting when problems arise
- Maintains documentation and provides training to staff on Raiser’s Edge Business Practices
- Responds promptly and professionally to donor inquiries and requests
- Remains current with Raiser’s Edge data management techniques and acts as the in-house Blackbaud RE liaison
- Provides setup and support for event payment processing.
Working collaboratively with a small event focused team, volunteers and internal staff you will plan and execute LEAF’s annual signature event. Areas of concentration include;
- Plans and executes LEAF’s annual signature event
- Communicates with volunteers to ensure roles and responsibilities are clear
- Assists with third-party events, as required
- Manages event details and logistics, including critical path, décor, catering, entertainment, transportation, venue, equipment, vendor negotiations, permits and licenses
- Develops and monitors sponsorship plans and agreements
- Manages online event registrations, as well as ticket sales and event correspondence, as required
- Works collaboratively with the small staff team and volunteers to oversee the development of event-related materials, and promote and publicize the event
- Conducts and provides pre- and post-event reports to stakeholders
- Prepares correspondence, memos, minutes, and reports/presentations as required and leading up to the event
The successful candidate should have:
- Solid understanding of the mandate and feminist values of LEAF
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a non-profit organization working with a small staff composition
- Minimum of three years’ experience in gift processing and database management (preferably Raiser’s Edge) including designing reports and queries; familiarity with Crystal Reports is an asset
- A related college diploma, university degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of donation and receipting processing and CRA regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build and maintain positive working relationships and work in a team-based environment
- Highly developed understanding of database systems, and proficiency with computerized software programs which include MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in working with and the management of electronic and hard copy confidential data including the set up and maintenance of paper and computer file systems
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multitask and work in a high pressure, high volume team oriented environment with minimal supervision in a workplace with time and resource constraints
- Proven ability to work independently and cooperatively with other members of a staff team
- Proactive self-starter, punctual, autonomous and reliable
How to Apply:
Please submit one document with your cover letter, your resume by email to email@example.com. Please do not submit multiple applications or send additional documents. The closing date for applications is July 7th, 2017 at 5pm EDT. Applications should be submitted in word or PDF format and will be accepted by email only. Your resume should highlight your direct experience related to the above job requirements. In the subject line of your email application, reference your full name and the position title.
LEAF encourages applications from Indigenous women, racialized women, women with disabilities, LGBTQI people, and women from other marginalized groups.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please.