Finance and Human Resources Manager
The Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF) is a national non-profit organization with a longstanding history dedicated to advancing the equality rights of women and girls through litigation, law reform and education.
The Finance and Human Resources Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong financial systems within the organization and for managing human resource procedures. We are looking for a new team member who will be central to maintaining LEAF as a stable and sustainable organization. This role will report to the Executive Director & General Counsel and work closely with the Treasurer. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in the equality rights of women and girls and will have experience working in the non-profit sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and administer internal controls, financial management system, accounting policies and procedures
- Preparing monthly financial statements and other financial reports and provide analyses as required
- Together with the Executive Director & General Counsel, prepare and revise annual operating budgets
- Coordinate annual audit process
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of all regulatory filings
- Handle all day-to-day financial operations, including reconciliations, banking, bill payments
- Track donations and payments from supporters, input them in database system and process donation receipts
- Prepare budget reports for foundations, donors and program staff as needed
- Provide financial support to LEAF branches across the country
- Provide other support with finance and grant-related tasks as needed
- Manage human resource procedures, ensuring best practices and compliance with external regulators
- Oversee recruiting, hiring and training processes
- Manage administrative aspects of onboarding and offboarding staff
- Administer staff payroll and benefits
- Create and manage employment contracts, including vacation, leaves and other contract entitlements.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in accounting, finance or relevant field
- Work experience as a financial accountant or similar role in a non-profit setting
- Work experience in human resources
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Minimum 2 year hands-on experience with QuickBooks accounting software and database systems
- Solid knowledge of human resources practices and procedures, including regulatory requirements
- Experience with donations processing and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar database
- Excellent math skills with an attention to detail
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Warmth, excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated individual who works well with others
- Good written and oral language skills
Salary range: $ 55,000 – $ 65,000 a year
How to Apply:
LEAF encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our communities. Applications will be accepted by email only. In the subject line of your email application, reference “Finance and Human Resources Manager” and your name.
Please submit the following as a single attachment: your cover letter, your resume and a list of three employment references (contact name, phone number and email address) to email@example.com.
Applications should be submitted in Word format or PDF. Please do not submit multiple applications or send additional documents.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please.