The Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF) is hiring a Communications & Branch Relations Coordinator. This is a full-time term contract position, initially offered for one year and renewable for up to four years subject to funding. The position is located at LEAF’s National Office in Toronto, and will commence immediately.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and energetic professional who can take responsibility for LEAF’s communications program, including building LEAF’s media profile and managing contacts with both internal and external stakeholder. She will also have an organizing background that will assist her in working with LEAF’s leadership to support volunteers in LEAF’s existing branches and assist in building new branches across the country.
- Post-secondary education in relevant field (e.g., journalism, communications, marketing), or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience creating content for a variety of media, including social media
- Solid understanding of and commitment to principles of gender equality, anti-oppression, and social justice
- Significant organizing experience acquired in social movements (e.g., women’s organizations, labour unions, community/political organizations)
- Ability to work both independently and within a team structure
- Ability to build engagement with community partners and volunteers, in person and remotely, including support to a national network
- Experience with project management
- Proficiency using relevant software
Additional Qualifications an Asset:
- Functional ability to communicate in both English and French
- Communication design skills and complementary content creation skills (e.g., photography/video)
Compensation: Salary range: $65, 000 – $72, 000. LEAF offers a competitive benefits package and is committed to excellence as a workplace.
How to Apply: LEAF encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our communities. Applications will be accepted by email only. In the subject line of your email application, reference “C&BRC” and your name and submit the following as a single attachment: your cover letter, your curriculum vitae and a list of three employment references (contact name, phone number and email address), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not submit multiple applications or send additional documents.
Closing Date –May 10, 2019
LEAF is a national non-profit organization and registered charity. LEAF works to advance the equality of women and girls in Canada through litigation, law reform and public legal education. For more information about LEAF visit our website https://www.leaf.ca.