The Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF) is a small national non-profit organization with a longstanding history of advancing the equality rights of women and girls through litigation, law reform, and education.
LEAF is hiring 2 summer students. The positions will provide 2 qualified students with the opportunity to gain first-hand experience over a period of 8 weeks. The students will build on existing skills and develop new perspectives within a professional environment.
Students will be placed in rotation in the following areas: Finance and Human Resources, Operations, and Fund Development.
They will receive valuable on-the-job training and learn more about advancing the equality rights of women through litigation, law reform, and education.
The ideal candidates should have a strong demonstrated interest in advancing the equality rights of women and girls, and in working in the non-profit sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general support to ensure the efficient operation of the organization.
- Assist in organizing meetings, conferences, and fundraising events.
- Assist with administrative tasks, including preparing meeting minutes.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time according to the office’s needs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be enrolled in a finance, human resources, marketing, administration and/or event planning program or similar program
- Experience with special events, graphic design and working with social media platforms an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and ability to work as part of a team
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to follow instructions and perform assigned duties with limited direct supervision
This position is funded by ESDC – Employment and Social Development Canada. The program requires that applicants must be between 15 and 30 years old, must be a Canadian or permanent resident, and must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant legislation and regulations.
How to Apply:
LEAF encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our communities. Applications will be accepted by email only. In the subject line of your email application, reference “LEAF Summer Jobs 2019”, and your name.
Please submit the following as a single Word or PDF attachment: your cover letter, your resume and a list of three employment references (contact name, phone number and email address) to email@example.com.Please do not submit multiple applications or send additional documents.
Applications for this position will be accepted until 5:00 pm (Eastern Time) on May 20, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.