November 18, 2020
The Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF) is a national non-profit organization with a longstanding history dedicated to advancing the equality rights of women and girls through litigation, law reform, and education.
LEAF is hiring 2 students. This position will provide 2 qualified students with the opportunity to gain first-hand experience over a period of 8 weeks. The students will build on existing skills and develop new perspectives within a professional business environment.
The Winter Intern Students will be placed in rotation in the following departments: Finance and Human Resources, Operations, and Fund Development.
They will receive valuable on-the-job training and learn more about advancing the equality rights of women through litigation, law reform, and education.
The ideal candidates should have a strong interest in advancing the equality rights of women and girls; and of working in the non-profit sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
Given the broad scope of projects, students majoring in the following business studies would be considered an asset: General Business, Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, and Fundraising.
The students will:
- Provide general support to ensure the efficient operation of the organization.
- Assist in organizing meetings, conferences, and fundraising.
- Assist with administrative tasks, including preparing meeting minutes.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time according to the office’s needs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be enrolled in finance, human resources, administration and/or fundraising program
- Experience working with customer relationship management (CRM) databases an asset
- Graphic design and social media platform knowledge would be an asset.
- Must demonstrate Customer Focus, Results Orientation, Integrity, and Teamwork.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to follow instructions and perform assigned duties with limited direct supervision Excellent interpersonal skills Passionate about helping other progress in their lives through learning is a plus!
- Must have strong attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize work.
- The applicant must be between 15 and 30 years old and must be a Canadian or permanent resident; legally entitled to work according to the relevant legislation and regulations.
How to Apply
LEAF encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our communities. Applications will be accepted by email only. In the subject line of your email application, reference “LEAF Winter Intern Jobs”, and your name.
Please submit the following as a single attachment: your cover letter, your curriculum vitae and a list of three employment references (contact name, phone number and email address) to [email protected].
Applications should be submitted in Word format or PDF. Please do not submit multiple applications or send additional documents.
Applications for these 2 positions will be accepted until 5:00 pm (Eastern Time) on December 4, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.