Want to learn more about technology-facilitated violence and gender equality? Check out the media coverage of LEAF’s report “Deplatforming Misogyny”, written by researcher Cynthia Khoo.
- “Protecting against online gender-based violence and harassment” by Pam Hrick, Cynthia Khoo, and Rosel Kim in the Toronto Star
- “Federal legal reform needed to protect women and marginalized groups from abuse on digital platforms” by Zena Olijnyk in Canadian Lawyer Magazine
- “A hard drive of explicit videos. A folder with her name on it. What a Toronto voyeurism case says about policing online sex crimes” by Alyshah Hasham in the Toronto Star
- “Regulator needed to deal with tech-facilitated gender violence: report” by Jenna Cocullo in The Wire Report
- “More dynamic solutions to privacy violations needed” by Suzie Dunn in The Hill Times
- “Deplatforming misogyny” by Brigitte Pellerin in CBA National
- “Protect women from violence before the irreparable happens” by Brigitte Pellerin in the Ottawa Citizen
- “LEAF calls on feds to hold companies accountable for online violence” by Donalee Moulton in The Lawyer’s Daily
For more information, check out LEAF’s Technology-Facilitated Violence (TFV) Project.