In April 2017, LEAF and LEAF Edmonton provided the Alberta Workplace Legislation Review with a submission on changes to the Employment Standards Code.
The submission recommended a number of changes, including:
• remove eligibility thresholds for family-related leaves
• remove employer authority to require a woman to start maternity
• provide for leave in circumstances of pregnancy termination
• provide for accrual of seniority, service, and benefits during family-related leaves
• provide for the right to request flexible work arrangements
• establish a task force to investigate solutions to the problem of work-family conflict.
LEAF acknowledges with gratitude the contributions of volunteers Jo-Ann Kolmes, Elizabeth Shilton, and Jennifer Tomaszewski.
Read and download the submission below.LEAF-LEAF-Edmonton-Submission-Alberta-Workplace-Legislation-Review-April-2017-PDF-1